March 13, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

My March Ipsy glam bag~


 I chose Lalaloopsy wrapping paper for a background this month
because I received my Ipsy glam bag on
my birthday!  My five year old daughter approved!

I have mixed feelings again about my Ipsy glam bag this month.  It included a full size Nicole by O.P.I. nail polish.  I really like the color "On What Grounds?"  Too bad it is the Roughles type polish.  I have been wanting to try this, but now know that it really is an odd thing to wear.  It has a very rough feeling to it, hence the name.  It is not shiny and reminds me of sand paper. When I was younger their were girls that would paint their nails with Liquid Paper and it must have felt a little like this.  I may try to wear this on my toes or it will sit in my closet from here on out.  I really would have loved a nice shiny baby blue color or another pretty pastel color.
Next is a Pixi Flawless Beauty sample sized primer.  I have not tried this, but have tried one of their other primers in the past and did like it.  I'm not really expecting to be "wowed" by this, but if it works well then I will consider buying it in the future.  
There was also a full size Be A Bombshell "Bora Bora" eye shadow quad.  The colors are super pigmented and I will have to use a light touch when I wear them.  So far I have really liked both of the Be A Bombshell products that I have received in my glam bags.  I love that they have both been full size products as well.  I would definitely by this brand after trying it through Ipsy.
Lastly, there was a sample size of the bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in "Get Ready."   I have tried it on a couple of times, but I don't think it will be something I use much at all or purchase.  It feels drying to my lips and seems to disappear completely fairly quickly.  However, I love the quote on the info card that it came with.  It says "Life is short. Wear bright lipstick."  I completely agree with that!  I love bright lipstick and I'm a fan of shimmer as well.  Why not?  Why do I need to look "natural" when I am wearing makeup? Either be natural and don't wear makeup at all or wear it proudly is the way I feel about it!  I am not saying wear it "loudly" though!  ;-)

I also wanted to mention the makeup bag this month.  The print is by artist Klari Reis.  You can view her work here www.klariart.com.  It looks like Ipsy will be featuring more artists in a new Artist Series with opportunities for creative ipsters as they call them.

So there you have it!  What do you think about this month's bag?  Remember this is a $10 subscription and these selections are based on my answers to profile questions and also in response to my feedback from previous products.  Other Ipsy subscribers will have selections based on their choices.


***I have had to cut back on my blog time temporarily.  My pain, along with various responsibilities...darn them! have taken from my fun time!  I am working on a review of my all time favorite lip products and should have it posted pretty soon.  I also will have an upcoming journal post and hopefully some more tips for my fellow "spoonies!"  Thank you for reading and following!







No comments:

Post a Comment