February 20, 2014

Journal the pain away

Journal Entry #1~


I've decided to add a journal to my blog.  It makes sense to me since I am partly using this blog as a way to vent about my own issues and to help others with similar problems.  Boy do I have a lot of issues!  I will use the "Health Topics" label for more informative posts.  

Here is a little background.  I won't go into too much detail about it and save that for an actual Health Topic post.
*Chronic pain following a two level ACDF  for herniated discs getting cozy with my spinal cord.  
*Fibrobromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue
Pigmentary Dispersion Syndrome in both eyes.  Ever heard of it?  Me either!  Its kind of rare.   
*My most recent diagnosis is kind of like a mystery solved to me.  Its called "Idiopathic Hypersomnia" and another topic I will explain later. I'm tired 24/7 no matter how much or how little I sleep.  I will share the details about testing for this later as well.  I have pics too!  ;-)
*Finally the blah, blah, blah stuff that comes with getting older....not old, just older.  Can someone please tell my body this!

Ok now what?  Just kidding.  I have had a bit of a block though.  I'm worried that these journal posts are basically going to be the same every time I do one.  Let's see, my neck hurts and I'm super tired.  When I first started this post I just did the background stuff and I was having a decent day.  Today is not the same day.  My neck is awful and is giving me a headache.  I've been super tired the past couple of days and have had to literally take my "hey, wake up!" med just to keep my eyes open.  

I have also been having some new and worsening symptoms for a couple of months or so.  I told my pain doctor and he wants me to get another MRI, but of my thoracic spine this time.  It will have to wait since we have a huge deductible.  I'm having tingling sensations in my middle back/spine area and it's pretty strong at times.  I also have a spot that I had my hubby help me pinpoint and take a picture of so I could show my doctor as well.  It is extremely painful when I move or touch it in the wrong way.  I'm worried that the level below my fusion (c4-5 to c5-6) could have something going on.  If not a disc issue, then what?

My thoughts on this blog are bothering me as well.  I look at other blogs and think that this one is just silly.  I have to remind myself that for one I just started it and I'm learning.  The other thing is that this blog is not just a beauty blog.  I'm not a beauty guru.  I just like makeup.  My main goal with this blog is to help someone somewhere with things that we share in common.  When I was researching ACDF surgery before having mine I couldn't find a blog like this.  I actually found more blogs on the foot surgery I had maybe because that is more common.

Anyways,  this is my first journal post and I'm sorry that it turned into a negative one.  It didn't start out that way.  I promise not to be a downer every time I write about myself.
It's hard to put a number on pain.
I would tell my doc I'm at a 6 or 7 today.
I would rather just draw a sad face and hold it up!

This is what caused everything to change...




No comments:

Post a Comment