February 9, 2014

Faves Feb, 2014 Part 2

My faves continued...

My last post was a picture of my favorite makeup items.  In this post I will name the products and tell you what I like about them.  I'm a stay at home mom and just cannot afford to spend a lot of money on makeup. Would I like to? Yes...more like love to really!!  I do occasionally splurge when I have some extra cash to spend. I hope to be able to review some higher end makeup products in the near future.  :-) This post covers the first ten items.
  1. e.l.f.  Daily Moisture Stick~  This is a gel formula that is lightweight and easy to carry. I didn't think that I would use this much, but I tried it and now I am a fan. I use it for patchy dry spots including my eyebrows.  The description says it can be used on other places such as elbows and knees too. 
  2. Maybelline Age Rewind~ I decided to give this a try after researching reviews online and onYouTube. Forget all the technical stuff...I like that it works and that the applicator is super soft. It feels really nice on the delicate eye area.   
  3. Nivea Face/Hands/Body~ Ugh face moisturizer is so hard to find that works for me. I have combination skin with dry patches especially in the winter. This moisturizer is amazing!  It is not too thick or runny. It rubs in well without leaving a greasy feeling or appearance. I am just about out of this and have not been able to find this exact formula again. I will order online if I need to. 
  4. e.l.f. eye palette~ This palette in "everyday" has 32 colors most of which seem to have a shimmer. At $6 why not try it?  Does it compare to a higher end brand?  No, but I use this everyday along with a few other eyeshadows and they work just fine. 
  5. Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ cream~  This is an amazing product!  I requested a sample of this through Pond's website and instantly fell in love with it.  I use this alone and it covers nicely and evens out my skin tone without any heavy feeling. It also doesn't have that greasy feeling that some BB creams have.  It really does fade dark spots! I had some darker freckles and one sun spot (or maybe a big freckle?) and in less than two weeks they are barely there!  I highly recommend that you give this a try!
  6. Kiss Classic Nail Dress~ I included these nail strips based on one use. I applied them to my big toes and then painted the rest of my toes. I had a hard time filing off the extra at the end of my toenail and had to cut mine. They are supposed to last up to 10 days and I know mine lasted longer. These are fun and can be used on your fingernails as well. 
  7. Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder~  This is great powder!  From the picture you can see I've almost used mine up. The formula is oil absorbing and supposed to be pore minimizing. I haven't noticed a difference in pore size before or after applying, but it definitely does keep the shine away. I don't know how this differs for someone with oily skin. Your mileage may vary I suppose!
  8. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara~ This mascara claims to lengthen lashes. My lashes have never been long, but they look longer when I use this mascara!  It has a buildable formula and a great brush that separates lashes. I'm not a mascara expert, but I kind of feel like one after switching to this mascara!
  9. Rimmel Natural Bronzer~ This is my first attempt at using a bronzer. I used reviews to help me pick one that wouldn't make me look silly. Well, I hope I don't look silly!  I use this to highlight my cheeks, the sides of my face, and on my neck. It isn't very noticeable, but I can tell a difference when I use it. The shade I use is Sun Light. 
  10. Smooth Shadow~ I got this in my December Ipsy glam bag. I plan on making a dedicated post to the products I get from my subscription. This made my list here as well. These are gel pencils that can be used on lids, the waterline, or as a highlighter. I received the color "Penny" and it is a great coppery color. These go on easily and have a little shimmer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment